Wike Orders Free Healthcare After Abuja Building Collapse
A three-storey building under construction collapsed behind Gudu Market in Abuja on Saturday, killing five people and injuring several others.
The FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike, later ordered free medical treatment for all victims of the incident.
Emergency officials confirmed that rescue teams are still working at the scene to pull out people trapped under the rubble.
So far, 16 persons have been rescued, while 11 injured victims have been taken to hospitals including FMC Abuja, Asokoro, and Maitama.
One survivor was brought out alive after spending more than nine hours under the debris. Medical staff at the scene gave him immediate attention before he was moved to hospital for further care.
Most of those affected were said to be labourers working on the site.
The FCT Emergency Management Department said several agencies, including the police, fire services, army, and emergency medical teams, are involved in the ongoing rescue operation.
Residents have continued to gather around the site as efforts continue to locate others believed to be trapped.


Comments are closed.