Wazobia Reporters – we cover the nation | news | entertainment | education | foreign | business | sports

Benue Govt Evacuates Over 600 Students After Attack

Benue Govt Evacuates Over 600 Students After Attack

Sponsored Ads


The Benue State Government has begun moving its students out of the University of Jos after recent killings in parts of Plateau State.

LIST OF APPLICATIONS FOR REGULARISATION OF AREA COUNCIL LAND DOCUMENTS NULLIFIED/CANCELLED BY THE HONOURABLE MINISTER OF FCT

The action followed attacks in Angwan Rukuba and nearby areas that raised fear among residents. The update was shared by the governor’s media office on Friday.

LIST OF APPLICATIONS FOR REGULARISATION OF AREA COUNCIL LAND DOCUMENTS NULLIFIED/CANCELLED BY THE HONOURABLE MINISTER OF FCT


The decision came after the university suspended exams and ordered students to leave hostels due to safety concerns.

Authorities said the move was necessary as tension continued to rise in the area. The evacuation is aimed at protecting students studying outside their home state.


“This decision became necessary as it concerns the lives and welfare of our people, especially the future leaders studying outside the state,” the governor stated.


“We are working tirelessly with relevant authorities to ensure the perpetrators are brought to book and that normalcy is restored as soon as possible,” he added.


So far, over 600 students have been safely returned to Benue, while more buses have been arranged for others willing to leave.

The government also said it is working with Plateau authorities to restore peace and ensure those behind the attack are held accountable.

Comments are closed.